Thursday, August 30, 2007

Red Scarf Project

Oops, a new project jumps to the head of the line. It's time for the 2008 Red Scarf Project. Scarves are due between September 1 and October 15. I thought I had time, but the due date moved up this year.


The Shabby Sheep has offered to send your scarf if it's done by October 1. I'm always looking for an excuse to drop by the Shabby Sheep.


I have a single skein of silky wool. Well, it's not a skein anymore. I knit it into fingerless gloves last year, but that didn't work out, so I'm going to frog them. I did like the stitch though, so I'm planning to use the Mistake Rib pattern for the scarf.


I will cast on over this long weekend.


In other knitting news, one of Marshall's clogs is finished. And the two soles for the second are done. I'm getting close, and he's getting excited.


Last night I worked on my Mad Weave socks. I think I have one to the toe. I think I have three repeats to get the other to the toe. It is taking forever to finish these socks. It's not the pattern, it's me. I move so many things ahead of them, they keep getting pushed to the bottom of my knitting bag. I'm ready for them to be done.

No comments: