Friday, August 03, 2007

One Golf Club Cover

I don't want to dwell too long on the bridge thing. Luckily I really don't have a story to tell - about that.


I do have a story about golf club covers. I cast on about 2 weeks ago. Since I don't knit everyday, it takes time for me to finish projects. When I travel I get knitting time on steroids, so I finished one of the golf club covers.

It wasn't really finished in this picture, but now the ends are woven in and it's ready for the pom pom, it's crowning glory.

My sister (and two nieces and mom and dad) is coming this weekend. We're going to see about making a giant pom pom. I plan to use 50gms of yarn per pom.

This is actually my pattern. I made it up as I went along. Of course, it's really just putting together things you already know, cast-on, K2P2, changing colors and decreasing. It's sort of like a long sock with no heel and a hat on top.

I forwarded the picture to the recipient, he apparently forwarded it to his girlfriend who emailed me and offered to help me market the covers.

I think if I were to sell them, it would be on a very small scale. They would be very exclusive. Just enough to support my yarn habit. I knit these on Denise needles. Love the flexibility of having the needles, but if I was going to do this with regularity, I would need some addi's.

Details:
Loosely cast on 40 stitches, K2P2 for 12", then knit stockinette for 10 rows, two rows of natural (with the jogless jog) knit 4 more rows navy, then each row went K8 K2T, knit a round, K7 K2T, K6 K2T, K5, K2T and so on until there were 8 stitches on the needles. Cut the yarn pulled it through the stitches, wove in the ends - wa-la.

I used WotA Bulky from KnitPicks. I have a super dense fabric because I used size 6 needles. It's crazy I know, but I like how it looks.

No comments: