Saturday, October 24, 2009

Two Finished Christmas Scarves

This is Lauren's Checkerboard Scarf knit from Mountain Colors Bearfoot. This a free pattern that is super fun to knit. The scarf finished at 9 x 65 with only 350yds of yarn. I selected the open pattern hoping it would stretch the yardage. I think it worked. I also selected an open pattern because of the mohair content and the fact we live in TX.

The yarn is very nice and it blocked like a dream. I'm very proud to give this as a gift. Lauren is going to look fabulous in it.

I love the June is for Jag pattern for variegated yarns. A stockinette section to show of the yarn, a YO, K2T section to create lacey interest. It was fun to knit and the yarn was awesome. It's Brooks Farm Yarns Solo Silk. 50% silk and 50% wool blend. BFY is generous in their skein yardage, so you have plenty to make a good sized scarf. This one finished at 7.5" x 78. Good thing Jen is tall.
This scarf also blocked nicely. I didn't have to pin it out as strongly as I did the 100% wool and it still looks great.

The only thing I might do differently for the Jag scarf is knit every two rows from a different skein or the other end of the skein to futher mix up the variegation. That is a personal preference though and has nothing to do with the yarn or the pattern.

No comments: