Saturday, August 11, 2007

What's in Store for Today

First, check out that pom pom. The one on the left. It's huge. It measure 5" across and weighs 90gms. That's almost a whole skein of bulky yarn. It took about an hour to make, but I was feeling my way through the process. The next one won't take as long. When I have chance to photograph the process, I will share.


Now for today. DH is as the deer lease. Presumably prepping for the fall hunting season. Uh, it's hot. I bet they are drinking beer and male-bonding. I say, "Have a great time." I planned to paint today, but various things got in the way. Not the least of which is Baby Girl got spayed yesterday and she needs to rest. If I'm up moving around so is she. She looks at me as if to say, "Will you sit down so I can rest?" Knowing that , I decided it wasn't a good weekend to be active. And it's a good excuse to knit.



I plan to give several projects knitting time today. I think I'll knit on each of my Mad Weave socks, I'll give the second golf club cover a turn, I'm going to dye some yarn for Baby Girl's Christmas Stocking. And there's a baby shower for a girl at work on August 22, she's going to get a pair of baby booties from stash yarn. I've decided to make the booties from the cream yarn that didn't jump into my sisters bag last weekend.

That's it and for me that's a lot. To have so many projects going at one time in unheard of. I'm also considering starting DH felted clogs. But I may wait until the baby booties are done.

1 comment:

Jeri said...

90 grams? That's a lot of pom-pom...