Monday, August 20, 2007

Decorating Cents

I told just a wee bit of a fib when I said I didn't have anything to blog about on Saturday. Actually I was in the middle of decorating our bedroom. In the morning, I painted the walls a dreamy, creamy cocoa color. The picture makes the walls look pink, but trust me they are a wonderful warm brown that pops the white in the sheers and on the trim.

Then I decided I needed window treatments. And I didn't want to have to go to the store. As luck would have it, while I was looking for the long handle for the paint roller, I found a roll of fabric I'd had for years...years. I guess that started the flow and the by time I was done painting I'd decided no matter what happened that fabric was becoming my window treatment. I rolled the fabric out and found only two of the motifs I needed, then I remember another stash. Lo and behold I had the perfect remnant. Some sewing, a trip to Home Depot on Sunday after church for three 1 x 4's, a Makita drill and some serious determination and I had fabulous window treatments.
Now I just need to get rid of that hideous roller blind with the wall paper trim.

No comments: