Sunday, August 12, 2007

And Then There Were Two

OK, so the best laid plans get mislaid. I was going to give each of my projects time yesterday. Yeah, that didn't happen. I did get a skein of yarn dyed - hate it. Then I came in picked up the golf club cover to give it a few turns and realized it was going quickly and I could finish it. And I did and I knit the top of it twice. This one went much faster than the big one. I cast on the 4 cover on Friday night and finished it Saturday night. I knit on it about 4 hours. Not bad.

Here are the details:
Cast on 24, k2p2 for 12" (here's the part I had to reknit. It came out too small the first time.) K a round. Using the K2 sections as a guide I increased 6 times by knitting into the front and the back of the stitch - 30 stitches. K2 rows navy, 2 rows cream, 1 row navy, 2 rows cream, 1 row navy, 2 rows cream, 1 row navy, 2 rows cream, 1 row navy and start decreasing. I decreased the stitches I increase. K1 K2T, K3, K2T...
K a round
K2T, K2, K2T
K a round
K2T, K1, K2T...
K2T
By then you should have 6 stitches left. I ran the yarn through the stitches, pulled it tight, took the yarn to the inside, wove in the end and I was done.

I recognized that my gauge was much tighter than the sample, but for the k2p2 section it stretched as wide as the sample so I didn't stress. I did change up a needle size for the top. That still wasn't enough so I went back and increased the number of stitches and still knit on the 7 needle. I'm just hoping it's big enough. I'll have him try it on before I affix the pom pom. And I still have to make the smaller pom pom.

Jeff is excited about his covers. I mentioned it to Chip and he thinks they're ugly. I guess you just can't tell what people are going to like.

2 comments:

bookgrump said...

Congrats on your golf club covers. They're looking good. They make me wish I knew someone who golfed!

Angeluna said...

Glad these are coming along. Also very pleased you have moved over to Blogger. I can actually leave comments now!