Saturday, August 18, 2007

Time to Check Progress

I haven't done it in while so I'm assessing where I stand with my knitting goals - mostly because I don't have anything else to blog about.

I finished two of my goals the golf club covers and the Greensburg Squares. I'm downgrading the hats so that leaves two pairs of socks and a pair clogs for the rest of the summer.

As it's written, I want to finish one pair of socks, start another pair and work on Marshall's clogs.

However, I've been itching to do lace and I have quite a bit in the que. It may be I move the lace up and push the Loden CTH down a little. We'll see how I feel when I finish Mad Weave.

Summer Goals:

  1. Finish Mad Weave Socks - doable - I'm 2 or 3 repeats from the toe on both socks. I could be done in a week.
  2. Finish three more hats - I destashed the charity hat yarn by giving it to my sister, but then...Adrianne gave me hers. I guess the goal stays, but I'm moving to the rest of the year section.
  3. Finish three Greensburg squares - DONE - Yea!
  4. Finish - golf club covers for Jeff - DONE - Yea!
  5. Knit Marshall's clogs - I'll probably work on my socks first.
  6. Cast on (at least) socks using Loden CTH - I have several leaf motif patterns to choose from.

Rest of the year goals:

  1. Cinder's Fairy Godmother beaded scarf - should be a quick, fun knit just need to make the time.
  2. Cast on and enjoy knitting linen beaded shawl.
  3. Knit a few more hats - they are for a good cause.
  4. Knit the loksins sock pattern probably with co-op sock yarn.
  5. Knit at least 15 minutes a day, not because there is pressure to knit, but because I'm worth it. This may mean keeping a project in the bathroom, but hey, that is "my" time. Was that sharing too much?
  6. Spend less time on the computer talking about knitting and more time knitting.
  7. Really, stop buying yarn. I don't need another thing.

I've given up on not buying yarn. I enjoy it so why fight it. The SOWs are having a dyeing weekend at Heritage Arts in September. While I'm tempted to dye lots of sock yarn, I should consider other types of yarn. You know, so I can make other stuff.

As for knitting 15 minutes a day, no, but I am spending less time on the computer and more time knitting, hence all the finished projects.

No comments: