Sunday, September 02, 2007

Red Scarf is on the Needles

I did get my scarf for the Red Scarf Project cast on late Friday night. I'm using the Corrugarter pattern. I thought I was going to do the mistake rib, but the Corrugarter has no purl. It's all knit with a couple of slips. It's going pretty quickly. I have about and 1.5" done, but I'm just picking it up and knitting a couple of rows when I have a minute. So I'm pleased with the progress. I guess if I did 1.5" in a 24 hour period technically that would put me at about 45" by 10/1 (my goal date), but there will be times when I can kick it up a notch. For now, this knitting is not taking any time away from my other knitting.

Speaking of my other knitting. I'm at the toe on the Mad Weave socks. And all I can say about that is "finally!" I started the toe on one sock, but it went a little awry. I was walking Baby Girl Friday night and I decided (what I already knew) that I'd worked way too hard and long on these socks to constantly be making excuses why the toe was so jacked up. When I got back from walking, I sat down and got to frogging. I didn't want to take one minute to reconsider. I won't regret it.

Last night I worked on Marshall's clogs. That's three projects all getting knitting time - look at me! I finished the first column of instructions on the page. Row 15 I think. That last column takes the most time of course, but there is still plenty of weekend left.

No comments: