Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Planning my Random Dyeing Pattern

In preparation for the SOW's dyeing Saturday at Heritage Arts this weekend, I've been planning my random dashes of color. It's not translating that well here. I was burned once before when I spaced my dashes just so and when I knit, they landed perfectly on top of each other.

It's a 40" skein. I use about 36" for a round on my sock. Each block on the chart presents an inch. I kind of wish the skein was a larger circumference, but re-skeining probably won't be an option this weekend.

This yarn is Sterling. It has a strand of silver running through it. It said Christmas to me. As you can see the main color is red, but I want a semi-solid. The green dashes will be semi-solid too if I can work it.

I'm going to use the I Love Gansey pattern to turn my green/red/silver yarn into Christmas socks. It looks interesting enough to be fun to knit and a strong enough pattern to stand up to a multi-colored yarn. Plus they have hearts on them.

I'm planning to dye the other skein yarn (Jeannie sock yarn) a semi-solid, but I don't know what color yet. I'm waiting to see what moves me on Saturday.

In other news, I started another pair of clogs:-). A pink and black pair for Connie's birthday - 9/29. Fortunately she has a small foot so they should go fast. Guess I should get to knittin'

No comments: