Saturday, September 15, 2007

Progress Report - Doggy Christmas Stocking

I'm pleased with the progress on the doggy stocking. I'm a cross-stitcher from way back so this doesn't feel all that awkward. Well, except that you read the chart from left to right on odd rows and right to left on the even rows, but I'm doing alright. I'm 1/3 of the way through the chart, then there is a heel flap and knitting the sole, but that will be a piece of cake. I finally had to stop and weave in some ends because with all those color changes were getting a little out of control on the back.

I'm also thinking a little blocking might do wonders for this piece.
This is Baby Girl loving on the yarn while I had the stocking out taking a progress picture. Niña also took a turn at loving on the yarn. She's pretty quick. I couldn't get a picture of her.

Speaking of progress and Niña. She is doing so well. The worms and the fleas are all gone. She's getting the hang of the doggy door. Today she went outside by herself to use the bathroom. That is the key to getting out of puppy jail.

Puppy jail is where she stays during the day. We put a gate in the door of the restroom so she can see, but she is confined to that space, which is tiled. We put down a pee pad and Thursday and Friday she used it. She has made giant progress for only having her one week.

Now I just have to find a dog stocking pattern for her. The obvious thing would me to make two of this one, but I'm not that keen on doing the same thing twice.

1 comment:

Angeluna said...

That ball of yarn is bigger than Baby Girl!!! This would be right up there with the all time cutest dog photos.