Sunday, September 09, 2007

That's Ñ with a Tilda

I'm not sure what we were thinking, but for Baby Girl's 1st Birthday


We got her a puppy. A playmate.


And they played. I just love this picture because it shows the action and Baby Girl's eye is the only thing in focus.

The new addition is Niña. Niña is spanish for little girl. We have a theme working. To get the ñ, hold the alt key and type 164. Just in case you wanted to know.

Niña's story goes like this. And I hope that side of family never reads this because they might get hurt feelings. Johney and Sasha got "Precious" (their name for her) for their 4-month-old daughter (hello?) and then decided she was a bad dog when she bit the baby. OK, I saw Johney play with "Precious" here yesterday and he was "play" slapping her around and, of course, she got all riled up. I know people like to tease animals, but the animal doesn't know whe you aren't playing anymore. Sasha said the dog had to go. So Belinda, Johney's mom, took the puppy. I won't go into a lot of detail, but I'll just say this, she was feeding Niña Old Roy dog food, the giant hard kind. This baby weighs 3lbs and she's 3-months old - hello?

Her coat was so rough, it was nasty feeling. She had fleas and worms. We picked up Friday night and took her to the vet first thing Saturday morning. She growled anytime we tried to pick her and she was anything but Precious. I was having severe second thoughts.

The vet gave her worm and flea medicine, all her shots and she stayed for a grooming. When I picked her up, she looked so much better and I'm sure now that the worms are getting out of her system, she feels much better. I ended up carrying her around most of the day yesterday. We had big party with "that" side of the family. All the grandkids that used to wrestle her around were here. I was kind of mean to them, but they were not going to mistreat her here. Because we bonded yesterday and I kept people from mistreating her, she hasn't growled one time today. She's actually a very sweet dog - she just needed a protective mama. I still have reservations because she is so small. I was in hopes she would get to be about Baby Girl's size, but Sasha said this is it. She's part Pomeranian and part chihuahua and apparently the minature version of both breeds. I think I may get one of those slings you use for babies to hold her.

She's supposed to be Marshall's dog (like Baby Girl), but because I was nice to her she follows me everywhere. And she's a lap dog. I don't want a lapdog. I knit. There's no room for a dog or a cat while I knit. Baby Girl and Fawn (one of my cats) will sit beside me, but this one wants to be on me. Hopefully in time she will want to spend more time on Marshall's lap. He wants a lapdog.

I'll end on a funny note. Isn't this picture of Baby Girl hilarious? It's like she thinks opening her eyes wider will help her jump.

1 comment:

Angeluna said...

I don't believe this!! Congratulations. Nina (sorry no tilda) will make a great playmate for Baby Girl, cutest dog on the planet.