Friday, September 28, 2007

One Dozen Pairs of Clogs

This pair of pink clogs is the 12th pair I've knit in about 3 years. These are for Connie's birthday. They are a women's small so they went really fast - thank goodness. This fabulous yarn is Acero from Brooks Farm. Grace contacted them about a special "trunk show" just for the SOWs. Borders was very nice to let us use their coffee shop. The Brooks Farm ladies were very nice and the yarn is fabulous. I can't wait to knit these 800+ yards of fingering weight wool and silk into a vine lace shawl.

In fact, it will be all I can do not to cast on this weekend. And I may decide not to fight the urge. The only hold back at this very minute is the yarn is still in skeins. I need to get it caked up before I start knitting.

I started the heart pattern on my toe-up Gansey last night. I could tell something was wrong. I know I need a bigger sock but this was too big. I got the feeling I needed some ribbing, but it's missing from my interpretation. I read the pattern again, put on my pattern whispering hat and figured out what was off. I have to frog back to the toe. But no big deal. I considered putting in a life line at the toe, but for some reason didn't do it. Now I'm regretting that. But it's all stockinette, so it should be too hard. I think I'll wait until tomorrow though when I'm not so tired.
Here's a funny picture of Baby Girl and Niña playing. They make me laugh.

3 comments:

Micki said...

I bow to you, Clog Goddess.

Angeluna said...

Yup, you have me beat on the sheer quantity of clogs you've churned out.

Perhaps you should call that new puppy Ninja instead. She looks pretty feisty!

bookgrump said...

I always skim the pictures before reading the text, and I couldn't figure out how Baby Girl got in such a crazy position. (I'm such an idiot sometimes!)

Connie's clogs are gorgeous. I'm sure that she will love them!