Monday, October 01, 2007

I Have Decided...

There are not enough hours in the day to knit on something you don't love. I've been working on the Red Scarf Project scarf a little bit everyday. Even though I'm enjoying the pattern, I'm not a fan of knitting scarves. Knit, knit, turn, knit, knit, turn. The Corrugarter pattern keeps it interesting, but they don't need my scarf. They have plenty per the blog entry linked below so I'm going to hibernate the scarf and free up the needles.
Please remember that the OFA received far more scarves than they needed last year

I started my Christmas socks - no pictures yet - and they are going pretty well. I'm flying tomorrow and again on Wednesday so I plan to get through the toe on the second sock and to get it caught up with the first one which is through the first repeat of the pattern. I'm flying 4 more time over the next two weeks so the socks will make great progress.



As I mentioned back in August I've been itching to do lace and I have quite a bit in the que. And since that time, I've added one more thing the vine lace stole. I bought some Acero yarn from Brooks Farm. And I really cannot wait to get started. It's a simple pattern and I've about decided not to add beads, so it can be a traveling project. With the RSP scarf hibernating, the much needed needles are free.


I'm taking time to revisit, yet again, my knitting goals. Relishing the completed projects, dumping the oppresive ones and moving on to the fun and exciting ones.

Summer Goals:
Finish Mad Weave Socks - DONE :-)
Finish three more hats - oppressive - I don't want to knit hats.
Finish three Greensburg squares - DONE - Yea!
Finish - golf club covers for Jeff - DONE - Yea!
Knit Marshall's clogs - DONE - and felted
Cast on (at least) socks using Loden CTH - I have several leaf motif patterns to choose from. - hmmm, guess the Christmas socks moved ahead of these, but queued just the same.

Rest of the year goals:
Cinder's Fairy Godmother beaded scarf - queued
Cast on and enjoy knitting linen beaded shaw - queued
Knit a few more hats - oppressive
Knit the loksins sock pattern probably with co-op sock yarn - queued.
Knit at least 15 minutes a day, not because there is pressure to knit, but because I'm worth it. Actually I think I'm doing this pretty well.
Spend less time on the computer talking about knitting and more time knitting. - Going well.
Really, stop buying yarn. I don't need another thing. - oppressive


I have nothing against hats and scarves, but I was going to knit them just to use up stash. Give. it. away. Give it someone who enjoys knitting hats. Better yet, wait for the stash to tell you what it wants to be. See also Megan Mary Janes.

In the meantime, I'm building up my stash. I'm trying not to feel sufficated by it.

2 comments:

bookgrump said...

I think you've made a good decision. If you're stuck on a project that you don't love, it will take that much longer to use up the yarn that you love. If someone really wanted and needed the scarf, that would be one thing, but since they clearly don't, it's not a good use of your time.

I can't wait to see the stole in the works. That picture that you showed is glorious! It should be gorgeous in the Acero.

Jeri said...

I clicked the Megan Mary Janes link but it took me to my blogspot sign-on screen?