Monday, October 08, 2007

Lovin' The Lace

I finally broke down and cast on some lace. Heaven. It was a little tricky at first, but now I've settled into the groove and memorized the pattern. I cast on 71 stitches for 7 repeats of the 9 + 4 stitch pattern + 4 more stitches for the border.



On my plane trip last week I was able to catch up the second sock and actually start the next repeat so now the second sock is ahead of the first. Notice the difference in the color of the yarn from the inside of the ball versus the outside. I don't remember which is which, but one sock is defintely darker than the other. If it really bothered me I would figure out how to knit a few rows from each ball on each sock, but ooh that sounds painful. So I'm not going to worry about.

1 comment:

bookgrump said...

There's a color difference on the socks, but it's not so pronounced that one would say, "Egads! They don't match!"

If it does bug you, you could try winding off half the skein from inside of the ball to make two balls. Then start from the opposite end of the darker ball. That way, both toes would likely be closer to being the same. Maybe?