Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Time to Take Inventory

I've been part of the Yarn Destash-A-Long for 5 months now. It's time to take inventory and see where we are. And perhaps to inventory finished objects to date.

I'm not going to go over all my stash again. That's covered in a previous entry. But here is a picture of four items that have been destashed.

stash busted

Top left is turning (not quite finished) into a pair of socks from Sock Madness. I have one done and really hope to finish that on my current out of town trip.

blue sock

Top right, turned into a lovely pair of Koigu socks.

sock and shirts

Bottom left is turned into an over-the-top-Dr.-Suess-type-way-too-long scarf. I had a lot of fun with that.

blue scarf 001

And the bottom right picture felted into a mess. The purse I wanted to make flopped big time. Although I don't count it as a finished object, the stash is still busted.

Now there was some stash I didn't even realize I had when I was taking photo inventory. It turned into 9 hats for kids with cancer. I don't find the pic of all of them together at this moment, but they look something like this. I destashed a ton of fun fur and cotton yarn.

something hairytrio of hats

Here's a list just for my own gratification:

  • 1-9 fun fur or cotton hats
  • 10 a super long wool scarf
  • 11-12 two pairs of felted clogs for the boys
  • 13 Koigu socks
  • 13.5 the first of two blue socks.

Not too shabby. I still have enough stash for 3 more pairs of socks. I like the Mad Weave from sock madness and think it will go very well with my CTH stash

xanga sock yarn 1

But I'm not sure I'm in the mood for more socks. I'm thinking it's time for some lace. A Shetland Tea Shawl from A Gathering of Lace (yarn - got it) or maybe the Linen Lace Beaded Shawl I bought yarn for the last time I was in MN. Yup I could knit this whole year and not buy any new yarn, but I'm not advocating that. In fact, if I have time while I'm here, I'm going yarn shopping.

No comments: