Friday, May 11, 2007

Holey Cow!

holey cow

Yes, that's a hole in my Mad Cow sock. I was several repeats gone before I found this hole. It was the result of a dropped stitch. I managed to wrangle it. It's rigged that's for sure, but I wasn't about to tink or frog back 3".

mad cow finished

Since I carried on after darning the hole, I was able to finish the socks. Not too shabby. I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out. Interestingly, the heel on the second isn't as snug as the heel on the first. I like the feel of the first heel better so I need to go back and take a look and consider adjusting the count down a bit.

leftovers

This is all the yarn I had left. 30gms of the one on the left and less than 10gms of the one on the right. I'm glad to have some leftover. I really like how the colorways worked out. I want to try to figure out the pattern so I can mimic it in my own dyed sock yarn.

And this picture was taken on our lovely, new hardwood floors. What a nightmare, but finally done.

No comments: