Sunday, May 13, 2007

Rebuilding Greensburg KS A Stash Bustin' Opportunity

But first, Happy Mother's Day.

Although I live in TX now, I grew up in OK just 10 miles south of the KS, so in my mind this is close to home. We had tornados then and still do where I am now, so there but for the grace of God go I.

http://specialstuff.typepad.com/sugar_bunny_boulevard/2007/05/rebuilding_gree.html#comment-69137552

Sugarbunny is coordinating or helping to coordinate Rebuilding Greensburg...Block by Block. You knit an 8" block and send it to El Dorado First Baptist Church and they'll seam them together and provide finished blankets to families.

The good news for me is they specifically requested wool and I have lots of scraps of that.

stash busted WotA

This is the first crazy combination I put together. I'm not quite half done with the square. With any luck and some knitting tonight I will be able to mark this photo stash busted.

I don't know how much yarn I'm going to need, but as you can see I weighed it all and will know when I finish one square.

I was about to cast on Mad Weave from sockmadness, but this is more important.

No comments: