Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Boo-Yah - Needle Organization

Tuesday, 29 May 2007

Do you ever have one of those days when you feel like you hit it out of the park? Well my whole long weekend has been that way.

pics on red wall

I painted my kitchen red with the help of my friend Connie. And check out the pictures from the kitchen in our previous house. I thought I would have to get rid of them because it was blue and yellow, but the red fruit works them nicely into my new kitchen. I finished the painting Sunday between church and extra knitting with the SOWs. That left Monday for other projects.

I have two repeats complete on each Mad Weave sock. I'm feeling really good about that. I've had another project on my mind for a while. So Monday evening, I decided to go through my fabric stash and start putting my thoughts together.

As I opened a box of fabric stash, out popped some left over blocks from a quilt top I pieced together. Since they were from the same quilt top, they coordinated. And they were already cut to size.

fabric stash

I jumped straight into putting together my needle organizer. My original concept was to put some loops of fabric on a fabric backer and slip the needles through. But it turned into pockets and sleeves and it just went together so quickly.

needle organizer layout

Pretty soon I had it all laid out and pinned together. I modified my idea as I went along and I love it.

Bright and early this morning, my last day of vacation, I got up and started sewing.

needle organizer front

The end result is this cute little needle organizer. The tall pocket looking things are actually three horizontal sleeves. The shorter blocks are pockets for double points or other small items.

needle organizer back

On the back I put a larger pocket on the bottom to hold my needle sizer, measuring tape, clicker etc.

I didn't close the top so I can stick long, straight needles in the "big" pocket.

The grand finale was hanging it on a plastic hanger with notches so it won't slip off and the hanger twirls so the carrier doesn't even have to come out of it's hanging spot. I can just turn it to find what I need.

Cost - nada.

It's outta the park!

No comments: