Thursday, May 03, 2007

Meanwhile Back on the Home Front

When I said I hoped to come home from my trip to wood floors, this isn't exactly what I meant.

sub floor

This is the plywood subfloor, but it is forward progress.

tile at the door

This is a start on the tile entry (do you call it an entry if its at the back of the house?) Since I couldn't match the white tile in the kitchen, I went decidedly different. This is an 8" travetine (cobblestone noce) that we are going to enhance with an enhancer. The tile is set at a 45 degree angle. No matchy-matchy here. The tile will be in the same color family and value (hopefully) as the wood. It will be a nice transition from the pool. And it will give me that space I need to scream, "get outside if you are still wet." "Don't drip on the hardwoods." "Go through the garage to get to the bathroom." You get the picture.

I do have knitting news. I will write about that later.

No comments: