Saturday, May 26, 2007

Progress on Socks and the Kitchen

Alternate Title - It's My Vacation and I'll Knit If I Want To

mad weave socks 1

This is a repeat and a half of Mad Weave from Sock Madness. I really like the way this pattern mixes up the colors of the dyed yarn. My picture doesn't really do the pattern or the yarn justice, but it does show progress.

The pattern is not difficult, but I do need to pay attention to what it says to do. Thank goodness for stitch markers. I've tinked several times because I knit what I "anticipiate " the pattern says instead of actually reading it. Note to self, you aren't that familiar with the pattern yet - pay attention.

At the same time this seems to be going very quickly because I'm doing different things on different rows. It's not the same old, same old.

The pattern is available to all who want it at this link.

http://woolgatheringandmore.blogspot.com/2007/05/mad-color-weave-pattern-now-available.html

This is a fantastic pair of finished socks, that show the pattern off to a great advantage.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/snidknits/512447280/in/pool-sockmadness2007/

Now for the kitchen:

BEFORE

kitchen before

Technically nothing wrong with it, but not my colors.

red kitchen window

Right now it's very patriotic with the red walls, blue painters tape and white wainscoting, but eventually it will just be red and white. I'm seriously considering painting the gold light fixture matte black since we are going for a more rustic look. Worse case it gets ruined. I don't really like it anyway. I have a can of spray paint I'm going to use for a floor lamp on the living room. If that goes well and there's paint leftover...well...

The whole kitchen is red with white cabinets. It's one coating of primer and (so far) two coats of paint. Although there isn't much wall space in the kitchen, it's taking forever to paint because I have to use a small roller for the tight spaces. Connie was here yesterday day to help with the primer and she cut in the first coat of paint. That was an amazing help. My goal today was to get done with the breakfast nook, which I did. I have three more days of vacation and I'm going to split the job up. I get sloppy when I'm tired and that red paint on the cabinets or the ceilings is not attractive. So I have to take it slow.

No comments: