Saturday, May 19, 2007

Greensburg Blocks

greensburg blocks1

I have two blocks done. As you can see they couldn't be more different from one another. But I am just thrilled about using up my stash for a good cause. I have enough yarn for at least one more block. They take no time at all and are perfect knit night projects because you don't have to think much. I don't think Mad Weave is going to be the kind of project I can work on at knit night, at least not until I get used to the pattern, so I will work on the last block at knit night this week.

Speaking of Mad Weave, I still haven't cast it on yet, maybe tonight. I did search out the yarn and pattern this morning and I put it in my project bag so I'm making progress.

I bought a "dust mop" today for the wood floors. The whole time I was looking, I was thinking, "Now how do I make a knitted cover for this? I know I've seen it done." I bought a pretty big one so it's going to take a lot of yarn. But I have another stash secret and that is a giant cone for the peaches and cream cotton. I bought it to make baby sweaters, but I think it might be perfect for this project. Oh and there are the leftovers from the other baby sweaters I've made. Since it doesn't matter what it looks like I can use up left cotton yarn and...DESTASH. I love it.

No comments: