Monday, November 13, 2006

Robyn's Clogs Finished

Yup, I got'em done. Finished them up watching the Cowboy game on Sunday. It was very, very close (the knitting not the game) on some colors and on one I didn't make it.

arobyn's clogs 044

I was casting off the cuff of the second clog using dark pink and less than half way around (note the number of stitches left on the needle) I realized I wasn't going to make it. So I finished with the light pink. I figure with the felting it will all come out in the wash.

robyn's clogs 011

Since I didn't have any of the dark pink left, when I knitted the bottom sole on I had to use the light pink so there is a rim of light pink. I'm going to call it decorative edging. On the upside, I'd left enough from my long tail cast-on of the dark pink to sew up the center of the sole without getting decorative.

The bottom sole is solid dark pink. Because I only had one skein of the dark pink, I mixed pinks for the inside soles. You can see that in the picture below. It's light and medium pink for the first 5 rows and medium and dark pink for the last 2 rows. I'm really curious to see how that turns out.

arobyn's clogs 046

You can also see in this picture the unfelted medium women's clog is 16" long. And 9" across.

arobyn's clogs 048

I really like the colors. Very girly. And what girl doesn't want to feel girly?

I finally found my clogs. It got cold enough I had to dig through a couple of boxes. I found them in the oddest place, but found them just the same. When the boys came home from hunting last weekend, I greeted them wearing my fuzzy clogs. DS#2 said, "Did you make those shoes?" And I proudly answered, "Yes, I did." He's thirteen in 2 days so when I say he gave me that look you'll know what I mean. I bet if I made him a pair he would wear them though.

Not this year. I have one more pair. And they are going to be the funnest of all.

No comments: