Saturday, November 25, 2006

19 FO's - Wow!

I decided to count up the projects I've finished this year and came up with 19 finished objects. I had no idea. I'm glad I started blogging because I might have forgotten some of them. The size of the projects range from a hat to a full on lace shawl that took six months to create.

  1. Peacock Shawl - it took six months to create
  2. Swallowtail shawl - it took 2 months to create
  3. Robyn’s felted clogs
  4. John’s felted clogs
  5. Felted cat bed
  6. Tabitha’s baby kimono - Mason-Dixon Knitting
  7. Nate’s baby kimono - Mason-Dixon Knitting
  8. Ballband Warshrag - Mason-Dixon Knitting
  9. Juana’s felted clogs
  10. Josey’s felted clogs
  11. Denim hat
  12. Pink cotton candy hat
  13. Yellow hat
  14. Yellow variegated hat
  15. 2nd yellow variegated hat
  16. cream hat
  17. Knitty Branching out - my first lace project
  18. Autumn Flashes socks
  19. green sweater

Without a doubt, the Peacock shawl is my crowning achievement. As a general rule, close enough is good enough for me. I'm like my Aunt Peggy in that way. But when it came to the Peacock shawl and the Swallowtail shawl, if it wasn't right, I frogged it. I'm sure there are mistakes, but I did not leave them behind intentionally.

Now the clogs on the other hand, if I was a stitch off, well, it will come out in the wash.

2007 is going to be "The Year of the Socks" or maybe it will be "The Year of the Stash". Flashing back over my blog, I realize I have a lot of sock yarn stash (at least 4 pairs). If I don't buy any yarn for 6 months, I have plenty of projects to work on, but that's another blog entry.

I currently have one project on the needles. That means I will finish the year with at least 20 finished objects - wahoo.

I need to start a pair of socks and leave them in the car. Yesterday I had a flat tire, fortunately I was in the Wal-mart parking lot, but I was done shopping when I realized it so I just sat and waited and waited and waited. I could have been a ways along if only I'd had a pair of socks with me. Note to self, even if they were on double points (I'm a magic loop convert) it would have beat the heck out of sitting there.

No comments: