Monday, March 19, 2007

One Sock, Two Sock, Pink Sock, Blue Sock

blue sock

I finished another sock, but it's a blue one. The one from Sock Madness - yes, just one. So I have two socks but they don't make a pair. Not even close. The good news is I have two socks finished and with just a little more knitting I can have two pairs of socks.

The fit on this sock is OK. It could be a tad snugger in the foot. I may drop down two more stitches in the next one.

As soon as I finished this sock last night I picked up sock #2 of the pink pair. Just a few more rows of the gusset decrease and then it's a race to the finish on the foot. I made good progress and hope to be done at the end of the week.

If the second sock for Sock Madness works with my stash, then I may start one of those. If it's the sport weight pair, I'll work on sock #2 of the blue pair and wait for sock madness pattern #3. I don't really have second sock syndrome. In fact, the more sock #1s I have, the more likely I am to do a sock #2.

Something I did notice. When I picked up the Koigu sock after working with the blue sock (Regia, I'm pretty sure) the Koigu was like knitting with butter. It was so soft compared to the Regia. I hadn't given it much thought before, but it was very noticeable last night.

No comments: