Wednesday, March 07, 2007

It's Madness - Sock Madness

The emails are flying amongst the SOWs (we're international now with Jo in Ireland). There is much discussion about how to post to flickr. I figure, if I get that far, it will be a miracle.

Here's what the SockMadness website had to say about the yarn needs for the first pair of socks.

"As promised, here is a little advance info on the materials required for the first pattern. It requires one skein of variegated yarn and one skein of solid and US #1 needles. The weight is fingering and Felicia did the test knit with Lorna’s Laces Shepherd Sock (of course)."

I have a goal of destashing, so I wanted to find something within my stash that would work. Luckily I have a photo record of my stash right here on my blog. So I searched my photo album and found this. That's an almost solid blue and a varigated brown and blue that I actually bought to go together. I was going to do some mixing of my own at one point, but this is perfect for this first pair of socks for Sock Madness. I'm starting to feeling lucky.

B-ville 050 cropped

In other news, I'm about to wrap up one of my KPPPM socks to free up the needles. I'm traveling tomorrow and really hoping I can get finished no later than Friday. If I would just sit and knit for an hour or two it could be done. Except maybe for the kitchner and I'm not above making that wait. Pictures to follow.

No comments: