Sunday, March 11, 2007

New Clothes

sock and shirts

Will you just look at how well two of the shirts my Mom bought me for my birthday match my one finished KPPPM sock. Now if I can just get the other one finished, I can actually wear the socks with the shirts. I'm on the heel gusset of the second sock, but Sock Madness has gotten in the way.

I met for 5 hours yesterday with three other sisters in the wool (and 2 in spirit) and we knitted away on our Mad Cow socks. Don't ask, we didn't name it, but I like the pattern.

sock madness sock 1

My yarn selection is working out OK, but it might have been better with a little more contrast between the two. I will consider doing the pattern again if the fit comes out OK. If not, I may adapt it and do a rib. I've finished another repeat since this picture. That's another 10 rows. I really need to start thinking about the heel. I did venture out this round and decided to do the sock toe up (as you can see) I've never done that before, but Susan showed me how. And no matterh which direction you went, toe up or top down, you have to do a short row heel and I've never done that before. They say it's challenging. Great.

Now as for finishing in the first 16 in my group. I'm not sure I even want to. My fingers hurt now from all the knitting. They aren't so much muscle sore, but sore from pushing the sharp needles around. I have set my mind to finishing these two socks as quickly as I can, but if I don't move to the next round, I don't think I'll cry. In 5 hours yesterday I barely got past the first repeat after the toe. There are people that have finished two socks already and I'm not even to the heel. But that's OK. It has been fun. And it ain't over til it's over.

No comments: