Thursday, March 08, 2007

One KPPPM Sock Done

That's double good news. I have one and a half socks done and a pair of needles freed up for Sock Madness. Now, if I can just find the yarn for Sock Madness, I'll be in good shape for Saturday.

KPPPM finished sock 1

Here's a lovely shot of the toe. This is a Jeri toe. I can do it, but can't explain it as well as Jeri can I'm sure. It involved finding the spot where I wanted the decrease and one round SSKand then the next round K2T. The next round you SSK using the K2T stitch as the K in the SSK. And the next round incorporating the SSK into the K2T. Not difficult at all and I forgot my stitch markers and survived just fine without them all the while on a plane. It makes a nice snug toe.

KPPPM sock and Baby Girl

This shot shows the colorway a little better and it's just funny because of Baby Girl. She got curious about the beeping camera and jumped down to take a look. She is so crazy.

My plan for tomorrow is to track down my yarn for Sock Madness and, if time allows, pick up the gusset stitches on KPPPM sock #2. I really don't want it to get left behind. Knowing I'm not that fast a knitter, I know I won't finish before Sock Madness kicks in, but I want to keep moving and it is good to stay in the sock mood.

And oh yeah, this is stash busted.

No comments: