Thursday, January 18, 2007

Stash Scarf a Success - Sort Of

Alterknit title might be

I Hate It When Jeri's Right, Jeri I Hate It When You Are Right

blue scarf 001

My stash scarf is a little long. Well it's a lot long. I'm not bending over in this picture and I'm 5' 8" and it drags the floor - significantly. I have to wrap it around my neck 3 times to keep from stepping on it.

I love the color combination and I did use up both of the blue skeins - stash busted.

I think I may have a solution to the length problem(if I ultimately decide it is a problem). I came up with it today while waiting at a presscheck. I was studying the problem and remembered an episode of Knitty Gritty where they added new rows to old sweaters by picking up exisiting stitches in the middle of the sweater and knitting with a new yarn and then cutting the bottom portion of old yarn off. Because you pick up live stitches and knit, it doesn't unravel.

Of course that was stockinette and this is garter knitted longwise. But I thought I would mull it over a bit. There's a scarf on knitty that has cute ruffles added after it's knit. I could add a black ruffle to each end to shorten the scarf. It's a WIP.

Did I mention I hate it when Jeri is right?

And my felted purse that was more like a baguette bag is now a cat day bed. Fawn loves it.

No comments: