Sunday, January 14, 2007

Leftovers = Stash

I'm part of a yarn destash along and they have ruled that yarn leftover from a project (which you finished, but over bought for) is stash. I tried to call it leftovers, but they said that's like saying broken cookies don't have any calories. OK, when you put it that way.

Looks like I have more stash to confess.

xanga peacock zephyr

Zephyr Peacock 50% wool/50% silk leftover from my Mom's peacock shawl. I have no idea how much there is. I wish I'd weighed the cone before I knit off it. Now the weight of the cardboard core throws it off. I'm open to suggestions to help me determine what's left.

xanga leftovers

Leftovers from three pairs of socks. I have just over 50grams of the pink (it's wool and feltable). 40 grams of the green (autumn flashes, I dyed KP superwash) and 80 grams of the blue and white (some sock yarn I bought at Hobby Lobby - it's superwash.)

xanga lace yarn

I guess the green really is stash because I don't think I ever did anything with it. It's a Knitpicks yarn. There are just over 50 grams of it.

The white is also a Knitpicks lace yarn. I have just under 50 grams. Its the yarn I used if for my swallowtail shawl.

xanga koolaid pink

This is the yarn I hand-dyed to add to my SIL's clogs then it didn't go so I made fingerless mittens. I cannot locate it right this minute to weigh it, but I think I have about half the skein left which would be 50 grams. It's KP WOTA Natural. I'm considering an overall dyewash to change the color and then a second pair of fingerless mittens, but we'll see.

yarn 002

I have this leftover. I'm going to frog the finderless mittens because they are too big so technically it's back in the stash pile again. It's Silky Wool which I love. I'm waiting for it to talk to me again. I obviously misunderstood when it said it wanted to fingerless mittens.

With all the rain and ice and overall nasty weather, I got a closet cleaned out and started on the second clog of the green pair.

I also felted my green purse the one from Knit It Mag. I hate it and I'm going to stop felting. Once the felting is done there's no salvaging the yarn, it's just lost. I guess you could cut it up and make potholders, but I didn't work on it that long to make a stupid pot holder. Maybe I'll take pictures today and write more about this later.

No comments: