Saturday, January 20, 2007

No Hair Hairy Hats for Children's Hospital

http://minisoup.blogspot.com/2007/01/contest-and-childrens-hospital.html

fuzzy hats 1

I have two hats done and enough yarn for at least three more. They are kind of fun and don't take long at all.

The pink hat was just a partial skein. Actually there's a little band of glittery pink yarn that I got from Grace in my knitting group. Thank goodness she gave it to me otherwise I would not have had enough pink to finish. As it is it's kind of short, but cute. I did the decreases different on the pink one (I knit the blue one first and followed the pattern). I knew I was running very low on yarn so when I hit the decreases I kept decreasing. I didn't do the knit row in between. I prefer the flatter topped hats. The blue one is kind of pointy for my taste. Because the blue one turned out a tad big, I only cast on 50 for the pink hat.

The blue one, I call it Dr. Seuss, is a combination of three skeins or partial skeins. The dark blue is glittery (thanks again Grace) I really only wanted the dark blue and white stripe around the bottom, but switched back to the white when I ran out of the medium blue. It's difficult to see, but there's a small spot of the dark blue at the top of the hat. I followed the pattern http://www.headhuggers.org/patterns/kpatt10.htm for the smallest size but it still turned out pretty big. Hence the cast-on of 50 for the second and all subsequent hats.

I'm having a lot of fun putting together the different colors of fun fur and naming the hats. Like the blue one is Dr.Seuss. The pink one made me think of a flower. So I've decided to call it Pink Thistle.

I'm also happy to say that I have stash busted the pink and the blue fun fur yarn. I have little white leftover, but there's a spot for it in another hat I'm sure.

No comments: