Monday, November 23, 2009

Knitted Gift Rejected Already

I've been talking for the last two months about the scarves I'm knitting for 4 women at work. I knit three of the four from stash. I'm pretty pleased with where I stand.

One particular person was giving me trouble. I baited her to find out a color. She thought I was talking about someone else so she said, "Scarves should be a fun color like fuschia." No fuschia in my stash so I made the sacrifice and bought malabrigo. It's tough I know. One day she was making her mii for the wii (odd I know, but I work at an ad agency) and I said, "What about a fuschia shirt (subtle huh) and she said, "Oh no, not fuschia." What? I re-arranged the scarves so she was getting the Brooks Farm Solo Silk in green/purple/gold. Jen is getting the hot pink. I knit on.

Today, Julie is carrying around a pair of fingerless gloves. I smell a hand knit item. She says she bought them at a silent auction. She said the same friend also donated a couple of scarves, but "I hate scarves so I didn't even bid on them." WHAT? Really?

Now she has a pair of fingerless gloves and she hates scarves (who hates scarves?) I guess I'll find someone else for the fabulous solo silk purple/green/gold scarf.

Trying to find the silver lining, at least I found out now and I'm not left wondering why she never wears the scarf.

No comments: