Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Finished Objects and a Rav Trade

First, a Rav trade gone so good. I finished Madonna's Flutter from Claudia Hand-painted silk and had no further plans for the yarn. I didn't particularly want to sell it, but I like trades so I noted that on my Rav trade page. Alicia suggested my red silk for her black cashmere. Oh my goodness, I definitely think I came out on top of the trade. I hope she feels the same way.
I really like that the yarn is thicker then most lace weights. I cannot wait to finish my Christmas knitting so I can cast on something for me. I am seriously considering the Abstract Leaves Cowl. Now, to bead or not to bead, that is the question.

I have been on a real baby bonnet kick. This Super Quick Baby Bonnet is indeed super quick. I can finish one in about 3 hours - and how cute it is. The project takes less then 50yds so it's great for destashing. This white bonnet is knit from Patons Cot'n Corn yarn. Very splitty, but a very soft matte surface. I plan to embroider flowers on the bonnet.
The original bonnet I knit Destiny is way too big. I decided to follow the pattern again, but this time use a fingering weight yarn. The result is a much smaller bonnet, but I do think it's newborn size. Now I just need to get it to her before it's too small.
Lastly, while on vacation, I finished this scarf. Because the original recipient annouced she hates scarves, I have no idea who will get this, but it sure is soft. I will find someone.

1 comment:

Angeluna said...

You are so wonderfully project oriented. Cranking them out!

As for the cowl....bead.