Saturday, November 14, 2009

Christmas Knitting List Update

I guess some people have revelations when they knit. That makes their blogs so much more interesting and witty then mine. I just make progress. And then I rehash the knitting and the progress. Maybe one day I will ascend to a higher level of knitting.

Til then, here's a rehash of my current projects. I have three active projects on the needles, and that is a miracle for me. I have many projects on the needles, but these three get regular knitting. The clogs, Tudor Grace and Sunray.

Ugh, the clogs. Every once in a while I force myself to knit another portion of a clog in an effort to get the pair done. Adrienne suggested lunch while we are both on vacation for Christmas, so I now have an official due date - 12/23.

I talk about a lot of these projects being Christmas gifts, but they are for work folks so they really have to be done by 12/18 because that's when I leave for my Christmas vacation. Yikes that's about a month away. Well, really all I have to finish are the two scarves on the needles now.

I made a deal with myself, if I get at least one of the aforementioned scarves finished by Thanksgiving, I will buy the Joseph Galler Alpaca to knit Brett a scarf for Christmas. If I don't, no scarf for him.

This year I knit 8 Christmas gifts (so far) of those 6 are from stash. I bought wool for Adrienne's clogs. A must to get the color combo I wanted, but I did use up one stash black. I bought 3 skeins of Malabrigo, but I'm only using 1 for Christmas knitting. So in my warped math $11 for the wool and $10.50 for Malabrigo. I'm spending $21.50 on Christmas gifts and freeing up space in my stash for more yarn. It's a win-win.

MOM
"Red Emperor" stole. I cast on and finished the first of 10 repeats for the borders. I've made no further progress. I'm concentrating on projects that have to be done by Christmas (12/18 for work folks).
Jag is for Jen. June is For Jag. is finished and fabulous.
Helmet Line.
is finished.
Stulpens for Robyn are finished. These are a true stash project. I made them from yarn leftover from her scarf.
Claudia Earwarmer. is finished and I wear it to walk the dogs. It's stretching out a bit. I don't know if it's the yarn or the pattern. But I still like it.
The Inga Cowl. This hasn't gotten any knitting time in a while. I do want a cowl, but the sundara is so pretty, I really just want to use it for a scarf. I'm not frogging it yet though.
Celtic Cable Neckwarmer. Is still on the to-do list. I think it will be mine and I definitely have a skein of Malabrigo Geranio with this project's name on it.
Sunray.
Cast on. It may Julie's it may be Jen's I have to wait and see.
Vogue Drop Stitch Scarf. - hmmm, maybe. Depends if I find another project for the Bonnie Bamboo.
Stulpens for Jeannie - Casting on soon. No later than Thanksgiving.
OSU Clogs for Adrienne - These are coming right along. I have one completed and the 1 sole done for the second clog.
Madonna's Tudor Grace - Madonna asked me to make her a scarf. She offered to pay, but I don't want to do that. So I made her Flutter out of Claudia Hand-painted silk. I really hate it. Nothing against the pattern or the yarn, but it was a drag to knit and when she wears it, it just hangs there. So I shopped my stash, found the nicest yarn in the bucket (Malabrigo sock) and I'm making her a second scarf for Christmas. It's an entertaining knit and she is going to love it.

No comments: