Sunday, November 22, 2009

Two More Projects Off the Needles

I have two more projects off the needles.

First is a baby bonnet for my friend Charlotte who is now a grandmother. The pattern is the Super Quick Baby Bonnet and that is so true. It is super quick. I finished the bonnet in about 3 hours. I didn't have a suitable worsted weight yarn for a baby bonnet so I went to JoAnn's to purchase something inexpensive and machine washable. I came home with Paton's Silky Bamboo and it is wonderful. The stockinette of the bonnet is a bit plain, but this beautiful yarn dressed it right up. Charlotte says Destiny looks pretty in purple, so I have a purple ribbon. I'm also going to include the green ribbon shown, red for Christmas and pink cause she's a girl. I can't wait to see the baby wearing this little number.

I finished Adrienne's clogs except for the felting. I'll do that over Thanksgiving vacation. So glad to be done. I need a new pair myself, but I don't think I can stomach knitting another pair right now. This is not a slam on the pattern at all. It's a great pattern, but I have knit it so many times (because it is a great pattern and the clogs are great gifts) that I am just over it. I'm not even sure why. Knitting is knitting right? You would think it wouldn't matter. But for some reason it does.

I hate to end on a negative note like that. Hmmm, other scarves are going well. If the bonnet fits Destiny I have enough to make another one and it is so dreamy, I think it makes a fantastic gift.

No comments: