Friday, June 19, 2009

Skeins Her Way is Having a Contest

Skeins Her Way Contest

Linking to her contest isn't even one of the requirements, but I like concept of the contest so much I want to share.

In a nutshell, she's a list maker and she wants to know what's on our list for summer knitting. So, it must be time to re-hash my 2009 knitting goals.

Here is the 2009 gift list I created in December 2008. Let's check progress.

Madonna's scarf - It's cast on and 45% done.
A Hulk Hat for Jack - done
A Calorimetry or Lace Headband for Jack's Sister - done
Liza's neckwarmer - done
A hat, bib and booties for Pedro and Margret's baby - The hat is done. Bibs and Booties - boring
A hat, bib and booties for Baby Rogg - booties done - bib and hat - boring
A hat, bib and booties for Ricky and Crystal's baby - hat done - Bibs and Booties - boring
April 2009 New to the list - Mom's Shonagon pillow - done and gifted and loved.
A lace head band for Brianna Ricky and Crystal's baby's older sister - changing to a floppy hat. She's only 4 - a headband, what was I thinking - I'm over hats. It's going to the bottom of the list

Summer List:
My goals for summer include finishing a few projects in between gift knitting.
Finish the Clapotis - I'm half a straight repeat and the decrease section from finishing.
Finish Flutter - I plan to finish Madonna's scarf before summer's end.
Re-Engage with the Shetland Tea Shawl - I'm itching to get back into this project. I even knit a row last week. Just to see if I could.

Those are my main three summer goals.

Bonus Summer goals
:
Cast on my fair isle neckwarmer
Cast on the Spanish Peacock - but I need to get much further on the STS first.
Cast on my mittens for winter walking the dogs. I should settle on a pattern first.
Figure out Christmas knitting. Make a list and assign projects and yarn.

I just love this contest!

No comments: