Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Four Active Projects on the Needles

And by active, I mean I want to knit on them. And of course, that's driving me nuts. I don't have enough time in my day to knit on four different projects so I have to pick just one and how do I do that?Apparently time wasn't an issue over the weekend because I cast on the Inga Cowl. I couldn't help myself. I've been dying to see how the Sundara "Cerulean Seas" knits ups.

I also wanted to give the braided stitch a try. It was a bit of a pain, but it sure is pretty. At this stage it's a bit hard to photograph, but I gave it a shot.

The Inga Cowl isn't really a pattern, but I'm using the pattern for the Inga Hat and not closing the top. Although I'm not going to double knit it, I do think I will knit a lining. The lining could be the reverse of what I'm knitting for the outside or it could be a single color in stocknette. It depends on how the fair isle goes.

I want to give double knitting a try, but mixing DK with fair isle in a project this large could be more than I can handle. For my double knitting start I think I will knit earwarmers. They will make good Christmas presents and they aren't the time commitment of 17" to 20" cowl.

No comments: