Friday, June 26, 2009

Christmas In July - Making a List and Checking it Twice

I love to start planning for Christmas in July. And in these financially trying times, I'd rather spend my money on yarn then gifts so that means knitted gifts for folks for Christmas. To be ready by Christmas, I need to start knitting now or at least planning. So here goes.

Robyn SIL gets a pair of Stulpens made from the green Acero to match the Clapotis she got last year.
John DB might get a neckwarmer. He's a deer hunter so if my fair isle neckwarmer goes well I'll do one for him with deer. I'm thinking brown variegated with black or a camo-ish green and black or the green and brown together. There's a Madeline Tosh brown I didn't get at DFW Fiber Fest that I'm hoping will be available at the Whirled Fibers Grand Opening. I have the black and if I want green, I may use some of the green Acero I have in my stash.
Juana MIL a fabulous lace stole. I'm thinking the Estonian Shawl. I will use beads for nupps though. I have some KP lace called cappucino and I have brown beads. I'm ready to go.
Josey GIL something in lace. I have the swallowtail shawl and have considered giving it to her a number of times. I may actually follow through this year.
MOM She has the peacock shawl, but now I want something with some heft. Something that doesn't feel fragile. Something she could leave on the back of the pew at church. I found the perfect pattern tonight. The designer calls the pattern "Red Emperor" it reminds me of the Grandmother's Fan quilt she made for me. I'll use the Orchid Sundara. Oh, I just can't wait, this is going to be so good. The way the pattern works, I can knit the two ends and then fill in the middle until the yarn is gone.
DH he may get a deer neckwarmer too. We'll have to see.

I really need to wrap up the Clapotis and the Flutter scarf. I think the Stulpens will be my Knit Night knitting after the clap.

So many great projects and so many from stash. I love it.

No comments: