Saturday, June 27, 2009

Loving the Fair Isle

I don't have a ton to show, but I've spent a limited amount of time working on the Inga Cowl. It's actually going pretty fast. During my limited weeknight knitting, I have a hard time getting halfway through a round on the Shetland Tea Shawl, so imagine my delight when I finished two+ rows last night on the fair isle neckwarmer. I was thinking, I might be able to finish this project. I don't really get that feeling when I work on the STS.

While I would really love to bring the clapotis into regular rotation for evening knitting, it's the best project of the four for knit night. It takes the least amount of concentration. I think I could finish it during a movie, but then what would I work on at knit night? Robyn's Christmas Stulpens maybe. Oh well. Everything will finish in it's own time.

I need to move the Flutter scarf back into the weeknight rotation. It's been resting since last weekend. It is a gift and the recipient is looking forward to it. That should motivate me. I think it will get today's movie knitting time. Not too complicated for a movie.

Back to the fair isle cowl, I love the twist the colorwork brings to stockinette. Not difficult knitting, but just enough of a challenge that I don't love interest. Similar to cross-stitch, but it moves so much faster.

No comments: