Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Camping Knitting

I'm gathering my projects to take to the lake. There are three projects I would like to have finished by May 1. That's not that far away. Fortunately they aren't large projects.

First is Mom's Mother's Day pillow. I've about decided to give this one priority since I'll need to mail it so it will arrive in time. Mother's Day is May 10
Then Jude's hat - The Lilly Ruffled Hat - Baby Shower May 9
Then Briana's hat - Sun Hat by Debbie Bliss - Baby Shower May 9

On Briana's hat I'm planning to make a few adjustments to the pattern. I'm going to knit top down using the Karlchen formula to get the size I want. The pattern is written so you knit the main hat first then pick up stitches to add the brim and its written to knit flat then seam. No way and I'm doing that. I'm going top down in the round all the way. Jeri did mention the pattern might have been created that way for structure. I've checked out Ravelry and several people have made this adjustment and they make no mention of problems. I'm crossing my fingers.

I have all the yarn. I just need to get it together. Then I just have to find the needles and pack things like scissors, a ruler, and the patterns - can't forget the patterns. I'm such a tree killer, I'll probably just print them all out again.

Of course, I haven't finished Anita's hat yet. I'm so close, it may get a turn. I haven't decided.

I'm really looking forward to a relaxing weekend and lots of FOs.

No comments: