Monday, January 07, 2008

One Step Forward and Two Steps Back

I knit a lot this weekend. I finished #1 Brigit sock to the toe. I would be much further along on Brigit sock #2 if I hadn't done so much re-knitting. Twice - twice I just yanked the needles out and started frogging. This is not something you do lightly on cabled socks. But the error was so bad and so far back that was all I could do. In the end it worked out fine. Hopefully I won't make the same mistakes on sock #2.

I knit a couple of rows on the vine lace shawl. Just so it would have a turn.

I did not cast on the Clapotis even though I seriously considered it. I gave the vine lace shawl a turn instead.

I'm nothing if not faithful. I keep thinking, I don't want to give the shawl a turn right now, if I'll just knit on the socks, I can get them done. Then I'll cast on the January SKA sock. I did decide to do Pomatomus in the Wollmeise. Wollmeise is not the kind of yarn you want smoldering in your stash. It is meant to be knit.

I have a KP order coming soon. I ordered 4 new circular needles. If I can just get over this need to be faithful to one project, I might cast on two pairs (that's 4 total) of socks.

On the walking front, I've done 8.75 miles. 9% done. The challenge is about 9% of the way done so I'm on target. Wahoo. The dogs are loving this. I think Baby Girl actually smiles when we are on our walks. NiƱa too for that matter. They love their walks. I can't even say the word "walk" or they go crazy. I have to spell it out or risk the wrath.

2 comments:

bookgrump said...

I hate, hate, hate dinking back cabled things. Last night, I was less than 10 rows from finishing the second wristwarmer when I noticed a big ol' hole in the row before. I dinked back, tried to figure out what I'd done, frogged back a little bit, got totally messed up, and ended up frogging the whole thing.

*sigh*

I hate that.

Hope you bounce back much better than I did.

Congrats on your walking progress. You go girl!

Bea said...

Yes our dogs are just that way with the W word too. Abby gets extra crazy.

I can't imagine having 4 projects going let alone 4 socks and whatever else is going on. WoW.