Monday, January 21, 2008

It Was a Handmade Christmas!

We had Christmas with my family in OK this weekend. As is turns out, it was a predominantly handmade Christmas. I started to say homemade, but that doesn't do justice to the wonderful works of art I received.




I put in a request with my Aunt Peggy for a painting. We have a bathroom near the pool that I want to decorate with a beach theme. I have these pictures I took on our cruise to Mexico, but alone they were not all that outstanding. I had a vision of them being combined.
Aunt Peggy did a great job of putting them together into a wonderful painting. It will definitely be the focal point of the pool bathroom. I love it.


My sister-in-law surprised me with this fantastic filet crochetted piece. B is my married family initial. Those that know me know me by my maiden name, but my married name starts with a "B." She would have done the whole name, but it's 9 letters long and she was afraid she wouldn't find a frame to fit it. I just love it.

My Mom paints these fantanstic rock animals. I asked her for a rabbit for Christmas. The rabbit will have a special place in my flower garden in the back yard. I'm going to nestle her into the mulch once the bed wakes up from winter.
My sister got me one of those LCD picture frames. So cool. I can put family pictures in it as well as pictures I've taken on trips.

It was a good Christmas. I love everything I got. Several things I could not have made for myself and one thing I would never have bought for myself.


No comments: