Monday, June 25, 2007

Revisiting My Summer Knitting Goals

An excerpt from my previous knitting goals:

"My knitting goals for the summer are to make 3 squares for Greensburg KS, 9 or 10 chemo caps for cancer patients all from my stash yarn, to finish my CTH Mad Weave socks and to finish the brown and black short socks I've yet to start. It kind of sounds like a lot, but summer is 3 months."

I've done two hats and made good progress on my Mad Weave Socks. I've done no more blocks and I'm not sure where the yarn is for the brown and black short socks. They seemed like an easy target at the time. Now, they've moved to the bottom of the pile.

New Summer Goals:
Finish Mad Weave Socks - doable
Finish three more hats - more reasonable (that would make 5, how about 10 for the year?)
Finish three Greensburg squares - doable and such a good cause
Finish - FINISH - golf club covers for Jeff
Knit Marshall's clogs (after the golf club covers without him knowing he had to wait)
Cast on (at least) socks using Loden CTH - I'm thinking the clover rib pattern
I think I'll be traveling (flying) a couple of times in July. Hats, squares and socks make great plane projects so I think that increases my chances for finishing the top three.

Goals for the year (includes above):
Cinder's Fairy Godmother beaded scarf - should be a quick, fun knit just need to make the time.
Cast on and enjoy knitting linen beaded shawl.
Knit a few more hats - they are for a good cause.
Knit the loksins sock pattern probably with co-op sock yarn.
Knit at least 15 minutes a day, not because there is pressure to knit, but because I'm worth it. This may mean keeping a project in the bathroom, but hey, that is "my" time. Was that sharing too much?
Spend less time on the computer talking about knitting and more time knitting.
Really, stop buying yarn. I don't need another thing.
That's 13 goals total, but I'm not superstitious.

No comments: