Sunday, June 03, 2007

Knitting at the Drive-In

There aren't many drive-in movies left in the US, but we have one an hour from us in Ennis TX. To kick of the boys summer stay, we went Saturday night to see Pirates of the Caribbean 3 and Wild Hogs. Now I'm going to admit two movies in a row is a bit much for me. I don't really like to sit still that long. However, at the drive-in I wasn't too self-conscious about taking my knitting along. It was a bit of a challenge to knit in the dark. Thank goodness I can knit continental. That really helped. I would occasionally use the light from the projection booth to check progress. Fortunately, in the light of day, I hadn't dropped any stitches.

If I'd had my Denise connector with me I would have finished. I'm down to the decreases and I got stuck with my short circs. I still can't find my long cord and connector so I may have to use double points to finish the hat. Not a big deal, but a tad frustrating. I'm pretty sure I saw it the other day and just can't remember where.

While we watched the Sopranos tonight I knit a fourth repeat on one of the Mad Weave socks.
This picture was taken this afternoon with three repeats done on each sock. I've probably said this already, but I'm really enjoying this pattern. It's just interesting enough to keep me entertained without being brain surgery.

I'm destashing more fabric to make my sister a needle organizer for her birthday. Her's will be a bit different from mine because she has predominantly straight and double point needles. I plan to make the pockets much deeper. I've pulled these fabric pieces together so I can start laying everything out. As you may have guessed her favorite color is purple.

I'd actually planned to get started on the needle organizer this weekend. But we didn't get home from the movie until after 3am. Of course they have to wait until it gets dark, then the first movie didn't finish up until midnight and then we had to get through the next one. Then it was an hour home. It was a long night.

No comments: