Monday, June 04, 2007

First FO for June 2007



I hope this is the first of many FOs for June. It's a hat I plan to donate to a hospital for cancer patients or really anyone who is losing their hair as a result of chemotherapy.

It is also my first contribution to the knit for charity challenge for my Yarn DAL group. The hat weighs in a 45 grams. Which means I have 5gms left. I figure that little bit will will make a stripe in a future hat. Regardless of whether I use it to make a stripe or I throw it away. I do consider it stash busted.

I use the http://tiajudy.com/simplestcap.htm pattern. Even though I'm knitting with worsted weight yarn I use the pattern for the bulky. A couple of reasons. First, my gauge is wack. Second, the folks wearing these caps don't have hair so their heads are a bit smaller. It's better the hats run a tad on the small side.


That was fun and it only took a couple of evenings. Good news I found my long cables and connectors, they are in a golf club cover prototype at work. I finished the hat tonight on double points. I forgot that dp are a little like trying to knit with an octopus. Arms flying everywhere as you try to knit. I'm a huge fan of magic loop. But it's good to practice with dp every once in a while.

No comments: