Sunday, June 24, 2007

I'm terribly behind in my updates. First, I've been so busy at work. In fact, I was so busy I didn't really take care of myself and I got really sick. Antibiotics and all. That was Tuesday and Wednesday. I had vacation scheduled for Thursday and Friday. I was taking pictures at a wedding for sister's friend Nikki. I had to be well enough to do that. It was tough. I made the wedding and I managed to finish another hat.
I decided to add eyelets for interest. I found out how difficult cotton yarn can be to work with. It was not the most pleasant experience. I have more cotton hats to knit and I will go with straight stockinette.

I made needle holder for my sister for her birthday. Her's differed from mine in that she has mostly straight needles and some of them very large. Check out that 35 in the lower left hand pocket. It all worked out fine and I even worked in a couple of horizontal pockets for circs.
Not knitting related, but I think these Blackfoot Daisies are looking lovely. They are blooming in a pot in my backyard.
It's a fuzzy picture, but I thought it was funny. Raisins and grapes are very bad for your dog, but apples are OK. Good thing because Baby Girl loves them. We always have to share when we have one. Summer of Socks is in full swing. I got nothin'. A couple of ideas, but nothing on the needles. I don't really enjoy speed knitting. I'm in it for the group support.

Actually I'm still working on Mad Weave but I can't count it toward SoS. I'm at the heel flap and did three of nine repeats on one sock today. 15 more to go if you count both socks. Oh well, it's
only a four row repeat.

Time to walk the dog and maybe do a couple more repeats on the sock.

No comments: