Monday, September 14, 2009

Post Vacation Update

My vacation was great. Sad to see it go, but revived and ready to get back to work.

My plan to cast on 5 new projects was a moderate success. I didn't cast on 5 projects, but 6 projects currently linger on the needles. Only the Shetland Tea Shawl hibernates in the knitting basket. All the others I consider active.

I finished Madonna's Scarf and Robyn's Christmas Stulpens. Wahoo.

MOM
"Red Emperor" stole. I cast on and finished the first of 10 repeats for the borders. I figure I'm about 5% done with this enjoyable pattern. Very interesting to watch develop.
Jag is for Jen. June is For Jag. I love this pattern and this yarn. At first, I followed the pattern, but the sections were too small. I frogged the project and doubled the repeats within each pattern to accommdate the sport weight yarn. Now it's perfect.
Helmet Line. The helmet liner is coming right along. A great knit night project because it's pretty simple.
Claudia Earwarmer. With a smidge of the BS Alpaca Silk left from the Clapotis, this project appeared just the right size for the leftover yarn. We'll see. I'm about halfway through the pattern and the yarn. It will be close. I hope to line the earwarmer with the same yarn, but I don't think it's going to happen.
The Inga Cowl. This hasn't gotten any knitting time in a while. I probably need to give it a turn. One to see if I'm going to like doing Fair Isle and two because the weather's cooling off a bit. Winter is just around the corner.

I didn't get any of these projects cast on.
And I keep changing my mind about what I want to do. It doesn't really matter right now. I have enough knitting to keep me busy for a while.
3. Celtic Cable Neckwarmer.
4. Sunray.
5. Vogue Drop Stitch Scarf.

I plan to take the Jag is for Jen scarf on my business trip. Six hours on a plane (3 hours each way) and an evening in my hotel room should equate to serious progress. Do I dare think I can finish?

No comments: