Friday, September 11, 2009

Jag is for Jen

I cast on the June is for Jag scarf for Jen for Christmas.

What drew me to this pattern are the large sections of stockinette that show off the variegated yarn. Along with the lacy portion that looks trickier then it actually is. It's the perfect pattern for my Brooks Farm Solo Silk.

I started the pattern and got through a couple of repeats when I realized I had a problem. Well, I actually should have known I had a problem after the first repeat.
The problem is my stockinette and lacy sections are way too small. The pattern consists of 23 rows to create the two sections. The pattern says to repeat 14 times total for a scarf. After the first repeat I measured and realized I would need to do 28 repeats to finish the scarf. No problem - just keep knitting, but the stockinette and lacy sections are too small. The cause, my choice of a sport weight yarn instead of the called for worsted.

My new plan is to knit rows 1-12 twice then 13-23 twice. I'll do that 14 times and it should be good. This picture is a more accurate color representation.

No comments: