Sunday, September 20, 2009

Christmas Knitting Update

I have officially finished my first Christmas gift. These are for my SIL. They'll match the mini clapotis we gave her last year. I think cables are impressive. I hope she agrees.

This is Jag is for Jen. I'm using a sport weight yarn. The pattern calls for worsted, so I had to adapt the pattern a bit to get the larger sections of stockinette and lace. I really like how it's turning out.

I've decided on the checkerboard scarf in Rich Red Mountain Colors for Lauren. It will be fun for me to knit, but not too difficult. At the same time, the pattern is very effective. Decision made. I'll cast on as soon as I get a current project off the needles.

Brett is definitely getting the red herring scarf. Well, I say definitely, if I don't hate knitting it, that's what he will get. I won't be able to knit from stash for this, but the Shabby Sheep has a great Joseph Galler Alpaca yarn that to me is cashmere soft. I'll have to dye it red, but it will be perfect. But I have the dyes and the desire.

Julie and Madonna are puzzling me. However, I hit Julie up for advice on Brett's scarf and she mentioned she thinks scarves should be a pop of color like fuschia. So at least I know what color to make it. But that won't be knit from stash. I don't have any fuschia yarn. Madonna likes red, blue or green. I've already done red for her, so that leaves blue or green. I could do blue if I use the Wollmeise. She is worthy of that yarn. Just need to find a pattern for both.

I wasn't sure what to do for my DS until I mentioned SIL's fingerless mitts and she said she'd like to have a pair too. I thought about trying a different pattern, but 1. I know this pattern works and 2. I enjoy knitting it. It's fun for me. She's going to get a purple pair out the Louet Gems. I'm so excited. Purple is her color and I have it in my stash. Wahoo.

Mom and Jeannie's projects will fall to the bottom of the list since we won't do Christmas until January, but I did get some of Mom's gift knit. It's pretty big so I will try to do a bit every once in a while so I don't end up totally behind the 8-ball in January.

No comments: