Sunday, March 22, 2009

Camping at Joe Pool Lake

DH and I camped at Joe Pool Lake this weekend. Even though we didn't go until Saturday morning, the 30 or so hours we were there were fantastic. DH fished, I knit and the dogs played.
DH fished at other places around the lake most of the day, but after dinner he fished at sunset by the camper. We had a great camping spot very close to the lake. When camp settled down we could hear the waves. It was almost like being at the ocean.

This bluebonnet was on the dry lake bed. I thought it was really pretty in the sunset.
If you're in Texas, you take pictures of your kids in the Bluebonnets, since these dogs are my kids, they got their picture taken in the bluebonnets. We snapped these on one of our walks. We took several walks throughout our stay.
The dogs were a handful at first, but they soon settled in and by Saturday night, they were exhausted. When we went to bed, they were horizontal and snoring before I could even lay my head down. They were so good.

On another note, these pictures were taken with my camera phone. I emailed them home because I have little to no memory. I thought the little camera did pretty good. I wished I'd had my regular camera, but this worked in a pinch.

No comments: