Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Knitting and More

Once again I can't believe it's been so long since I blogged. Good news is I've gotten plenty of knitting done.

I finished a hat for Pat's MIL. It's a chemo cap in the ovarian cancer color.

I'm just almost done with Adrianne's dog walking cowl. I just have the edging to finish. Need to get that done this week.

I finally cast on Robyn's clapotis. I've gone back and forth on whether or not to make it a wrap or a scarf. Right now I'm in the scarf stage. Since it's do or die time on the stitch count, it will most likely be a scarf. The truth is, she probably would never wear a wrap. She'd think she never had the right time and she wouldn't use it everyday. This way, she can use it as an every day scarf. I'm happy with that.

After Christmas knitting includes a Shrek hat for Jack. I can't wait to do that and Jeri gifted me the yarn. How cool is that?

There are also three babies due this spring. I bought red and white onsies. I have 5 skeins of denim yarn that will make really cute hats to round out the outfits. If there's enough yarn, I'll also do a bib or two.

Then my friend Madonna (not THE Madonna) asked for a scarf. She offered to pay me, but...if I work it up as a gift, I can knit what I want to knit with the yarn I want to knit with. I have an idea of what she wants, now to pick out the yarn. I'm thinking something with silk in a jewel tone.

No comments: